Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Election Results

                While I do not pretend to be an expert in the affairs of American Politics, I am familiar with the basis of the arguments of the two parties that currently receive the most support. First though I would like to point out some flaws that I see in this democracy favoring regime… Ever people in power are going to displease those who live under them, and ever elections will change the balance of power which will ever sway back and forth between two competitors (in this country the Democrats and Republicans). Recently I have been informed of the new Republican majority in the House.  To be honest, I have no surprise at this news, because the public is unhappy with the situation that Mr. Obama is dealing with. A country with the number of problems that the United States has is sure to collapse under political rules that switch nearly every year; it is for this reason that the current president has so many problems.
                These criticisms of American government set aside; I want to discuss the advantages of each party before adding my commentary to the wisdom of the results of this most recent election.  Democrats in charge means that it is more likely for workers to be treated fairly, which is something that I strived to do for Romans while I was serving as consul, this is something that I like about the Democratic Party. In addition to this they are also more likely to tax to support themselves, if it worked for thousands of years in my empire, I cannot see why it causes so much trouble when taxes are proposed. Those fundamentals of liberalism do not make up for the lack of respect for God that is common in Democrats. The Republican Party seems to follow Christian ideals more closely, like the banning of certain detestable practices. It is also typical of this party to punish more harshly and have a strong military, which served Romans so well, and for this the Republicans are commendable.
                With these advantages and disadvantages pointed out, it is easier for me to come up with a reaction to the election. I agree with the support of a Republican House for America, because when there is a Democrat as the head of the country his will needs to be counterbalanced by a Republican House. With Republicans in the House laws will be passed in favor of Christian beliefs that I support, but also their ridiculous beliefs of pure capitalism and little taxation will be limited by Mr. Obama in charge.
                The last observation of the methods by which the American government is run is of the strength that it has. After only 400 years this country is the most powerful in the world. This is a feat not even the Romans could have accomplished under my excellent assistance of rule. The country is primarily Christian, but they allow other religions (no matter the political party) which I believe is important because it emphasizes the free will that God allows us, and also it reminds us of the mistakes that a country can learn (no doubt from Roman times) about religious persecution, for once Christians were persecuted.  I do not fully understand how America is a functioning country but something is working for them, and because I approve of the results of the 2010 elections, everything will obviously work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment